Project #5 2014 -Graphic 45 Design Team Submission

Project #5  "Dress Maker Boutique" from Recycled, Cracker Box
 
Starting with a Recycled Cracker Box, I sealed the top closed, then, cut straight down the middle of the box to create the doors.  I drew a Window template, and drew it on the box  doors, then cut out the shapes of windows.  I made a platform for the top of the Box and the bottom of the box to add stability, Using the "New" Couture paper Collection Gifted to me by my friend Natasha, I covered all sides of the box inside and out.
For the inside I cut 5 of the Tim Holtz Dress form die cuts, glued them all together, to make a thick dress form that looks more like a  Dress Maker, mannequin, I painted it with Martha Stewart Gold Metallic Paint, and then fussy cut the pattern image from the paper collection, glued it to the front of the Dress Form, so that it looks like someone was using the Pattern to measure a dress.  I made a Hat our of a scallop circle and flat Back Pearl Flower Center from my friend Dee.  I used 4 layers of Red Fibers twisted together to create a Boa that drapes over the shoulder of the dress form. I free hand made 2 little dresses to hang from the doors, and I bent wire to make tiny little Hangers for the dress, to portray, dresses already put together and ready for sale.  The dresses were made with scraps of rabbit pelt, lace, mini silk flowers, ruffled ribbon, ribbon with sequin, fibers, bead trim, and mini rhinestones.
 
On the inside of the back wall I made a large (RED) rose from recycled, egg carton (I have a tutorial on my You TUBE Channel Roxycar11) I used 3 small pieces of Chip board to act as Bolts of fabric, by using the design paper on each of the outsides of the bolts, and one with lace in the middle.  I created a tiny little parfum bottle from beads and a bead cap.  I scattered bits of sewing notions, a spool of thread, a bundle of white thread on the floor, a button image from the design sticker sheet backed on corrugated board and seam binding tied thru the button holes, for added dimension. I also created a hand made little purse and leaned it on the right side of the dress form on the floor.  The purse was created with scraps of the design paper.  A teensy nail Art resin flower for the clasp on the front of the purse. Handle made of Designer paper folded in a strip.
 
On the top I layered everything on gathered black lace.
The flourishes and Crown Die Cuts at the top are Sizzix and Tim Holtz, A large red paper rose, and roses from Prima and some WOC flowers.  I also used  strips of the sticker sheet to make banners across the top.  I used a resin white bird and a metal flour-de-lis, from Michaels, which I adorned with liquid pearls and seed beads in the voids of the holes... at the mid section I used red rhinestones. I also used a mini rose and a pearl and rhinestone flower center gifted by my friend Dee.  I also printed a butterfly image in 2 sizes and layered them together for more dimension.  Everything was gilded with Gold Metallic Paint from Martha Stewart, and all edges were distressed. I used the tiny little sticker stripe to line the entire base of the top of the Boutique.  The little chair (Project #4) is scaled to fit inside this little boutique.  All edges were gilded and distressed. and the doors are decorated with the mini note cards from the 8x8 pattern paper pad...They were the perfect size for under the windows. Flourishes on the side of the doors are all Tim Holtz.


 















Comments

Popular Posts