Project #6 - 2014 Graphic 45 Design Team Submission

Project #6 -  Chase Pin Cushion made of Chip Board

 
Created a my own template - transferred it to chip board, glued it together with hot glue.  The inspiration came to me from my friend Virginia, who actually owns a Mini couch that she found at a thrift store in Colorado.  Ever since I saw hers I just knew OI had to make one for my self.  I actually started this project, and constructed the body,  2 years ago, and never finished it.  Guess it was waiting around for the right moment LOL.
 
The design paper used for this was Le Romantic
after covering the entire Chase I thought about creating a little drawer under the Chase, that I could use for storage, but to be honest it would have been a really small draw that would not store too much inside.
So I made the cushion portion with a piece of foam left over from some packaging.  I covered it with material and adhered it to the base of the Chase.  I then gilded all the edges of the Chase, and distressed them slightly.  I used some flower sprays and a left over flower from my "Beautiful"  Layout (On the boardwalk paper collection) I used a  left over sticker strip from the Couture paper collection, to adorn the front bottom.  On the back I used the left over Image Journal tags, also from the Couture Collection.  I also used fibers along the bottom to act a the fringe and add some fun sassy movement to the Chase.  The feet for the Chase are constructed of rolled Chip board scraps and covered with left over Pattern paper scraps.  These are all my submissions I hope you like them. I had many hours of concentrated crafty time, to create. Thank you to my Hubby for his support of my obsession with art and the need to create something from Recycled items around the house. Also Thank to my friend Natasha, for pushing me to do this and gifting me the Graphic 45 Couture Collection which gave me the push I needed to submit projects.  Thank you to the Graphic 45 team for your consideration.
 
 




Comments

Popular Posts